Wind Farm Management
Long Man Holding is the only Bulgarian independent service provider in the RES sector in its capacity of technical and commercial management operator. Working closely together, both companies, Long Man and ABC Wind Farm, offer service packages that cover the full range of RES activities necessary to plan, implement, operate and technically maintain an RES project.
About Technical Management
The best financial results for the investors are directly related to the excellent operation of the wind farm. Proper operation, control over regular technical maintenance and removal of technical problems ensure trouble-free operation and minimal turbine downtime. ABC Wind Farm offers a package of services that fully meets these requirements and covers the technical management of the wind farms.
What we can do for you
- Online monitoring and management of the wind farm
- 24/7 control center
- Stop and start the wind turbines when necessary
- Assessment of energy production
- Assessment of technical availability
- Comparison between calculated power curve and realized power curve
- Inspection and certification of technical equipment
- Keeping records of repaired and replaced components
- Control over the work performed by the technical support company
- Monthly report on the activities performed
- Warranty and insurance claims. Expert assessments
What we can do for you
- Research and analysis of the free electricity market
- Research and analysis of the balancing electricity market
- Negotiations with electricity traders and balancing group coordinators
- Defining prices, conditions and terms
- Management of purchase, balancing and supply of electricity agreements
- Providing forecasts and representation before a forecasting company
- Analysis and control of hourly forecast schedules for electricity production
- Analysis, control and verification of settlements
- Market monitoring and analysis for achieving optimal financial results
- Representation in front of the Electricity System Security Fund in regard to Feed-In Premium Agreements
About Energy Management
Energy Management is a services pack that Long Man offers to its customers in regard to the recent changes in the Energy Act and the Renewable Energy Act, in view of the liberalization of the Bulgarian electricity market.
Our efforts are directed to taking renewable energy producers smoothly and successfully across the processes of distribution of their production on the free market and the sale of electricity on the energy exchange. Our main goals are achieving high financial results on the free electricity market and optimization of the costs for balancing and consumed energy.
What we can do for you
- Management of grid connection and operation contracts
- Financial and accounting services
- Provision of guarantees of origin /SEDA/
- Contributions to the Electricity System Security Fund (ESEF)
- Insurance and management of insurance contracts
- Activities related to the safety and security of the wind farm
- Contracts and communications management. Internet access
- Rental of agricultural land and related activities
- Representation in front of local and state institutions
- Legal advice and services
About Commercial Management
The main goal of the commercial department is providing a full package of services for commercial management to achieve smooth economic operation and the best financial performance of the wind farm.
As an expert, Long Man Holding represents the owner wherever representation is required - electricity traders, balancing group coordinators, forecast providers, electricity distribution and transmission companies, SEDA, ESEF, National Revenue Agency and financial institutions, insurance companies, communication and security companies, local and state authorities. It controls and supervises all related contracts, make analyses, researches, negotiates, monitors and implements procedures so as to minimize the owner's commitments.
Free electricity market in Bulgaria
The process of liberalization of the electricity market in Bulgaria started in 2004. Its development is outlined by the current market principles and regulations in the EU. Its main goal is to create a developed and efficient competitive environment, which will lead to optimizing the electricity price and improving the quality of service. Electricity market participants are gaining new opportunities for development through free negotiation of prices, security and sustainability of supply, regulated by real market mechanisms. The transition of producers and consumers to the free market is gradual, as after the latest changes in the Energy Act, as of 01.07.2021, all producers with installed capacity of 0.5 MB and over 0.5 MB sell their electricity to the IBEX (Bulgarian Independent Energy Exchange). As of 01.10.2020, all business consumers are obliged to buy electricity for their needs at freely-negotiated prices.
Long Man is a successful developer in the field of energy flow management; it manages and administers a wide range of activities in the energy market in Bulgaria, providing permanent research and analysis of the free electricity and balancing energy market with the main goal - reducing the costs and increasing the profits of its customers and partners.
On the free and balancing electricity market, RES producers must plan their production well and the forecast schedules may only deviate minimally from the real hourly production. Due to the fact that wind is an unpredictable source, operating on the free market is an intelligent task that requires specific knowledge and software resources. Realizing the importance of accurate production forecasts, in 2014, we set up a new company Provident AD and became a shareholder in it. Its main activity is making production forecasts for wind power plants. Being involved in the company, we actively participate in the implementation, development and optimization of a specialized software product for data processing, assessment of possible deviations and making forecasts. The high level of forecast accuracy is the basis of production revenues increase and reduction of balancing costs, which allows energy producers to achieve better profitability and invest in the development of their activities.